Performance and Sizing Engineer
Hiring manager: Daniela Sohar
Overview of Job Function:
The Performance and Sizing Engineer will work with members of the development teams in the organization and is responsible for development and execution of the performance test plans for each release. The Performance and Sizing Engineer provides subject matter expertise and guidance to team members in both development and QA. This individual is responsible for creating Performance test plans, scripts, harnesses, and processes for assigned Verint software products in a fast-paced global development environment.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather testing requirements.
- Plan, design and execute performance, stability and hardware sizing tests.
- Setup hardware and software as required for performance tests.
- Create and maintain datasets and database required for performance tests.
- Maintain all performance hardware and hardware inventory.
- Work with engineering team members to develop/maintain performance test scripts and tools.
- Develop performance scripts based on coding standards.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Able to do root cause analysis by working with Architects, Development teams.
- Manage and monitor performance defect lifecycle as per the defined process.
- Produce and communicate test results with appropriate performance metrics.
- Review change requests, analyze impact to test cycle, and implement necessary changes to accommodate requests.
- Track and report Performance progress against requirements traceability matrix and project schedules.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
- Review performance and sizing documentation.
- Conduct technical sessions for defining or refining business case test scenarios.
- Participate in Standup Meetings and provide regular project updates via status reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- Up to 5 years of industry experience with defect lifecycle management tools
- Up to 5 years of industry experience with all QA testing methodologies
- Up to 2 years of Application server experience (for example IIS, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss,Tomcat);
- Up to 2 years of industry experience developing Java / C
- Up to 2 years of industry experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability testing using LoadRunner, JMeter or similar.
- Good knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows servers.
- Up to 2 years of industry experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience developing performance scripts is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of how web applications work over HTTP protocol.
- Experience working in Agile development environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows servers.
- Hands-on experience with performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace
- Hands-on experience with diagnostics tools like HP diagnostics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve through logical thinking.
- Ability to work with multiple product teams both local and remote.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to estimate test cycles, maintain schedule while working on multiple projects.
- The Performance engineer should have knowledge of commonly used performance concepts, practices, and procedures as well as hardware performance and concepts.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.