Field Support Engineer
Verint Bulgaria is looking for a FSE (Field Support Engineer) for supporting of complex and advanced systems.
The FSE must be an independent and highly trained technical engineer, with knowledge of a wide variety of IT and telephony technologies, both software and hardware.
The FSE will be the first line of support for Verint products, mostly on international customer sites. He will work in a small international team, and in a wide array of technologies and environments.
The FSE is expected to travel 30% of the time out of the country, sometimes at short notice.
The FSE is responsible for:
- Providing the first level of technical support to Verint customers.
- Perform hardware and software installations and integrations and system upgrades.
- Perform the basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software problems associated with service requests.
- Track and follow-up on customer service requests, until they are closed.
- Apply hardware and software resolutions and approved configuration changes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance activity on hardware and software systems.
- Site survey preparations, documentation production and update.
- Proactive, highly motivated individual.
- Excellent communication and Fluent English.
- At least 3 (?) years of experience in the software industry.
- EU National, with ability to pass the security clearances required at Verint customers.
- Technical requirements:
· Hardware knowledge and physical installation. Fault-finding to Field Replaceable Unit level.
· Storage technologies SAN / NAS (e.g. Netapp and EMC).
· Windows server installation, configuration and administration (Win2k3 onwards).
· Active Directory configuration and administration.
· CITRIX configuration and administration (Xenapp onwards).
· Red Hat Linux configuration and administration.
· VMware virtualization.
· Database - Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Mysql, SQL server.
· Networking Protocols and Infrastructure understanding.
· Telecommunications protocols and technologies (GSM / GPRS / 3G / UMTS / 4G (LTE) / PSTN / SS7 / E1 / T1….).
· Analysis technology (Packet sniffing and capture. Data traffic and packet stream analysis tools).