DevOps Tech Lead

Israel, Herzliya / Job ID: F5.804

Description:

Role Purpose 

The ‘DevOps Tech Lead’ will be engaged in the optimization of engineering processes and tooling affecting the engineering departments across the Verint CES product lines. They will be involved in the development and support of solutions which enhance the efficiency of engineering as well as configuration of tools and responding to the on-going needs of the engineering teams as a primary customer. These solutions will involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives and engineering teams. 

As part of Global DevOps team at Verint, the DevOps Tech Lead will be involved in supporting our strategic move of products into the public/private/hybrid cloud, performing DevOps activities and working with various technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Virtualization and more as required to automate the process of building, packaging, provisioning and deployment of on-premises and SaaS applications. 

Responsibilities

  • This person will be spending 70% of the time on hands-on activities and the rest 30% would be related to team lead activities.
  • Prioritizes work effectively and efficiently. Manage work backlog and assignments to the team members.
  • Breaks large tasks into smaller ones and sets milestones, identifies and plans for dependencies. 
  • Develop key skills and knowledge required for supporting or operating DevOps toolchain and new DevOps initiatives within Global DevOps.
  • Ensure the quality of the solution being delivered, testing its functionality before it is consumed by main engineering. 
  • Consults with users, other DevOps Engineers and architects to understand how their solution can be designed/delivered in a manner which benefits the entire organization. 
  • Draws effective boundaries in order to ensure that priorities are met. 
  • Development of DevOps and Cloud solutions within agreed time lines. 
  • Participate in internal departmental activities – Team Meetings, Training Activities, Design/Architecture/Code Reviews etc. 

Requirements:

  • At least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions using Jenkins or any other CI/CD tool.
  • At least 2 years of experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet/PowerShell DSC.
  • Demonstrable experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform.
  • At least 3 years of scripting and/or programming experience in one of the following.
  • Python / PowerShell and/or Bash, C# and/or Java. 
  • Experience working in a large global organization. 
  • Experience working in Agile Software Development environment. 
  • Experience working with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP is an advantage. 
  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills. 
Back to Search Results

Apply for this position

Share the position