The Cyber Threat Actor Handbook – New Research from Verint and Thales Group
The threat actors profiling is aligned with the MITRE ATT&CK framework and covers ~500 attack campaigns, of 66 attack groups, in 40 sectors and over 140 countries.
In this handbook, we streamline data to create contextual and actionable threat actors’ profiles, delivering an operational tool that enables analysts to build accurate and focused threat hunting processes and enhance overall security resilience.
Each threat actor has a score, and all profiles are aligned with the MITRE ATT&CK framework and include:
- A brief description of the threat actor and its aliases
- Associated malware campaigns, attack vectors and TTPs
- Most used exploits and CVEs
- Motivation and objectives (Nation-State, Cybercrime, Hacktivism, Cyber-Terrorism)
- Targeted sectors and geographical areas
This handbook is a knowledge-based operational tool for security analysts, to better understand the relevancy and risk posed by different threat actors operating in the world today.